The major confusion among IT studying students are What & Where to start first and where to finish.
Because we started to believe that our teachers says you need to learn Phyton and Machine Learning, Ethical Hacking or some stuffs (which is the future) Remember these are syllabus’s to get you pass for the exams.
In reality we lack of awareness, what I mean by that is, we never think about how real IT professional start their careers.
Instead we believe we need to learn all domain knowledge very strong on all area of Programming, Networking and Server Administration and Database etc..
Because I did the same mistake, by believing to learn all area of IT and I end up with procrastination and fatigue without learning any skills during college which suppose to help me to land IT career.
So how can we fix this gap?
First research before you believe from someone.
My highly recommendation to start your IT careers is to start with IT Helpdesk or IT Support.
As we mentioned in earlier post, I.T has several major path choose what you interested.
Here are the benefits of doing IT helpdesk technician to start your careers,
- You’ll Understand a problem or tech issues inside and outside, which helps you on long term to manage whole IT management.
- Working with Senior based on relevant issues which brings you know more all sub divisions of How IT department works.
- You can find your interest in IT weather Server administration or Network, Cloud or Security services as well Database or Developer.
- You’ll Learn How to Effectively Solve Problems and maintain connections on your IT Team and entire organization.
Here is some skills you should learn for preparing Helpdesk technician job.Remember Time is your Asset, Don’t give it for cheap people.
1) How to Format & Install Operating System like windows or Linux on laptops and Desktops.
2) Post installation process to update drivers and installing basic apps like Anti Virus,Office365,PDF etc.
3) How to Add & Connect Local and Network Printers.
4) How to connect corporate network and basic troubleshooting like crimping network cables.
5) Getting know how to replace hardware’s like Harddisk or SSD, RAM or SMPS or processors like units in desktops & laptops.
6) How to create Users in Active Directory and Create mail on Office365 or G-Suite.
7) Listening Users problems and research to resolve it.
8) Communication just understand what client want and respond to resolve, you don’t need to be English men.
9) How to use Helpdesk Ticket Management System to track and log users problems in tickets, (eg) Spiceworks Ticket system
10) Remote Application support like TeamViewer or AnyDesk
More Important : ASK FOR HELP from your team or senior or from knower and doers.
You can do two things, Executive and start build yourself or watch motivate clips and do nothing.
Please do share for someone who is studying IT.